HOW TO TIE A FOUR IN HAND KNOT
Learn how to tie a four in hand knot with these simple instructions.
Four In Hand Tie Knot
This is the basic knot fashion. This is also the best tie knot to use if you'd like your tie to have a dimple directly under the knot. Master this one and you'll be prepared for most semi-formal events.
1. Situate the tie so that the end "A" is longer than end "B" and cross "A" over "B".
2. Turn "A" back underneath "B".
3. Continue by bringing "A" back over in front of "B" again.
4. Pull "A" up and through the loop around your neck.
5. Hold the front of the knot loosely with your index finger and bring "A" down through front loop.
6. Remove finger and tighten knot snugly to collar by holding "B" and sliding the knot.
- When untying a tie never just pull the narrow end out. Simply follow the directions in reverse.